Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Card Final

I ended up going with a simple 4"x8" card in an envelope and then did some ecrue note cards for my clients and artist friends.
I would like to spend more time with this but need to get it printed. I do feel a sense of accomplishment designing our cards for three years running. It's getting a teeny bit easier each time. I did have to print this out fairly small so I could paint it quickly. I plan on printing out a larger one to paint after the holidays. I'm starting to like watercolor more and more. Doesn't frighten me as much as it used to. A little progress, perhaps?

13 comments:

Kate said...

I'm always a little jealous of people who can draw and paint; sadly it's not a skill I've ever possessed. Your card is absolutely beautiful - how lovely for people to receive a card that's unique to you :-)

Kristopher A. Denby said...

What a wonderful Christmas card! Totally puts me int eh spirit.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Hey, Thank you K&K and Kris.

Unknown said...

I love the card Kim. And you did a wonderful job with the watercoloring :)

Crystal Cook said...

Kim, this is simply fantastic. I LOVE it so much. :) And what a fun tradition too.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thank you Crystal and Julian.
(btw: I smile every time I see your profile picture, Julian)

Unknown said...

Kim, thank you so, so much for your lovely comment on my blog, and the link!!! I just LOVE and adore your Christmas card! I can imagine the polar bear running with the small elf on its bag..full speeeeed! Love the polar bear's hat (...with a star.. ;O)..how did you come up with that idea?!). I wish I could draw like you!!! Merry Christmas....Glædelig jul...Mette

Jennie Chan Moscatelli said...

Kim,

I absolutely love your Christmas card! It's just beautiful! You did a great job with the watercolor. I find watercolor to be one of the hardest mediums to use...even Jason thinks so.

Have a wonderful Christmas! Jen

Tammie Lee said...

it turned out wonderfully!

Ruthie Redden said...

Kim, your design is beautiful! I love the hats. It is a lovely feeling to design your own cards, this is my 3rd year too & i enjoyed it so. Wishing you a warmest of christmas wishes x

James. said...

I really like this, it's a charming idea and a very good illustration. Your site is very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card !

ZaheerAbbas said...

real beautiful Article, Thanks for sharing! christmas wishes quotes